Terrestrial and Coastal Navigation Online Course
U.S COAST GUARD APPROVED
This course is delivered on Northeast Maritime Online or NEMO°, our learning management system, with follow-up on-site examination/assessments scheduled at Northeast Maritime Institute, as required by the U.S. Coast Guard.
This course covers the Terrestrial and Coastal Navigation methods required for an Officer in Charge of a Navigational Watch level license. The course covers chart introduction, aids to navigation, compass corrections by azimuth and amplitude, relative bearings, latitude and longitude, navigational tools, methods for determining position, dead reckoning, estimated position, current and leeway, running fix, bearings, great circle routes, tides and currents and electronic charts.
The course is approved by the U.S. Coast Guard’s National Maritime Center as meeting the competency requirements of Table A-II/I of the STCW, as amended 2010, and NVIC 12-14 (Ch-4), for Officer in Charge of a Navigational Watch on Vessels of 500 GT or More and will satisfy the training requirements of 46 CFR 11 .309(a)(4)(viii); The following Tasks from NVIC 12-14 (Ch-4): 1.2.A, 1.2.B, 1.2.C, 1.3.A, 1.3.B, 1.3.C, 1.6.A, 1.6.B, 1.6.C, and 1.6.D.
- NMI Introduction to Navigation Textbook (electronic copy provided) – printed copy available for purchase
- Set of plotting triangles
- Pair of Dividers
- Training Charts: Long Island (12354 ) ; Block Island (13 205 ) : Chesapeake Bay (12221)
- Recommended Text: Dutton’s Navigation and Piloting, 15th Edition
AFTER COMPLETING THE ONLINE PORTION OF THIS COURSE, CALL OUR ADMISSIONS OFFICE FIRST TO SCHEDULE YOUR EXAMINATION APPOINTMENT AT (508) 992-4025.
* USCG Approval requires an on-site proctored examination at Northeast Maritime Institute after successful completion of the online content.
PRICE: $1950.00 USD