Tank Ship Dangerous Liquids
U.S COAST GUARD APPROVED
This 48 hour course covers the required theory, practical assessments and exam for the Tankerman-PIC (DL) endorsement. The course is designed for personnel working on board oil tank ships that are responsible for the loading, discharging, transit or handling of cargo. The course covers specialized training appropriate to their duties covering tanker safety and fire safety and pollution prevention.
Topics include: Oil Tankers, Terminology, Cargo Hazards, Cargo Containment, Operations, Pollution, Safety, Inert Gas Systems and Crude Oil Washing.
For information regarding course dates, please contact our Registration Office.
Any applicant who successfully completes your Tankship Dangerous Liquids Course (NOREMI-501) and applies for endorsement within five years of completion
- Satisfies the course requirements of 46 CFR 13.201(c)(4) for original issuance OR 13.120(a)(2) for renewal of Tankerman-PIC (DL): AND
- Satisfies the course requirements of 46 CFR 13.301(c)(4) for original issuance OR 13.120(c)(2) for renewal of Tankerman-PIC (Barge) (DL): AND
- Satisfies the course requirements of 46 CFR 13.401(e)(1) for original issuance OR 13.120(b)(2) for renewal of Tankerman-Assistant (DL); AND
- Satisfies the course requirements of 46 CFR 13.501(c)(4) for original issuance OR 13.120(d)(2) for renewal of Tankerman-Engineer (DL); AND
- Meets the standards of competence, required by 46 CFR 13.609(a)(2), of Section A-V/1, Table A-V/1-1-1 of the STCW Code for Basic Oil AND Chemical Tanker Cargo Operations; AND
- Provided the applicant also supplies a statement signed by the Master, Chief Engineer or Chief Mate of an Oil AND/OR Chemical Tanker, appropriate to the endorsement sought, that the mariner has demonstrated to the satisfaction of the signer that he or she is fully capable of supervising transfers of dangerous liquid cargo in accordance with the guidance found in Navigation Vessel Inspection Circular 22-14 (Encl 1, paragraphs 4 or 5):
- Meets the Standards of competence, required by 46 CFR 13.603(a)(2), (b)(2) or (c)(2) AND/OR 13.605(a)(2), (b)(2) or (c)(2), of Section A-V/1, table A-V/1-1-2 AND/OR A-V/1-1-3 of the STCW Code for Advanced Oil AND/OR Chemical Tanker Cargo Operations.