This is a simulation course once complete you get 2 loads and 2 discharges with 1 commencement and 1 completion.
• Basic Firefighting
Any applicant who successfully completes your Tank Barge Dangerous Liquids Simulation Course (NOREMI-497) and applies for endorsement within five years of completion:
• Satisfies the course requirements of 46 CFR 13.301(c)(4) for original issuance OR 13.120(c)(2) for renewal of Tankerman-PIC (Barge) (DL): AND
• Satisfies the cargo course requirements of 46 CFR 13.401(e)(1) for original issuance OR 13.120(b)(2) for renewal of Tankerman-Assistant (DL); AND ⦁ Meets the standards of competence, required by 46 CFR 13.609(a)(2), of Section A-V/1, Table A-V/1-1-1 of the STCW Code for Basic Oil AND Chemical Tanker Cargo Operations; AND
• Provided the applicant also supplies a statement signed by the Master, or Chief Mate of an Oil AND/OR
• Chemical Tanker, appropriate to the endorsement sought, that the mariner has demonstrated to the satisfaction of the signer that he or she is fully capable of supervising the transfer and operations of dangerous liquid cargo in accordance with the guidance found in Navigation Vessel Inspection Circular 22-14 (Encl 1, paragraphs 4 or 5):
- Meets the Standards of competence, required by 46 CFR 13.603(b)(2) OR 13.605(b)(2), of Section A-V/1, table A-V/1-1-2 OR A-V/1-2-3 of the STCW Code for Advanced Oil AND/OR Chemical Tanker Cargo Operations limited to non-self-propelled vessels.
• This course will satisfy the following requirements per 46 CFR 13.121(b):
- 2 loadings
- 2 discharges
- 1 commencement of loading and 1 completion of loading
- 1 commencement of discharge an one completion of discharge
• This course covers the following segments of the transfer operations listed above:
- Pre-transfer inspection and conference
- Declaration of Inspection
⦁ Line up piping systems for cargo and vapor transfer
- Connect and disconnect cargo hoses and loading arms
- Loading operations
- Ballasting and de-ballasting
- Tank gauging
***NMI does not provide formal advice regarding USCG license eligibility and cannot guarantee an individual’s eligibility for any specific license or credential. NMI accepts no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or validity of general information provided. Information is provided purely as a courtesy, convenience and without cost. Individuals seeking confirmation of eligibility for any specific USCG license or credential must contact the USCG directly for an evaluation.
32 Washington Street | Fairhaven, Massachusetts 02719 USA | (508) 992-4025
MASSACHUSETTS DISCLOSURE INFORMATION
1. NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE HAS NO EXISTING AGREEMENT WITH EMPLOYERS TO PROVIDE JOBS TO STUDENTS AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE EMPLOYMENT.
2. MANY OF THE JOB LISTINGS PROVIDED BY NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE ARE COMPILED FROM PUBLIC SOURCES. THE SCHOOL MAY ALSO RECEIVE DIRECT REQUESTS FROM EMPLOYERS OR REFERRALS FOR JOB LISTINGS FROM GRADUATES WORKING IN THE FIELD, INSTRUCTORS, STAFF MEMBERS, EXTERN PROVIDERS, ETC.
3.NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE IS AN OPEN ADMISSIONS SCHOOL AND ADMITS ALL STUDENTS WHO MEET THE ADMISSION CRITERIA AS SET FORTH IN THE CATALOG.
4. THE CERTIFICATE OR DEGREE YOU OBTAIN FROM NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE UPON GRADUATION IS NOT THE SAME AS LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT, WHICH MAY BE REQUIRED FOR SOME
OCCUPATIONS, EMPLOYERS, OR STATES. THE COST OF ANY LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION OR THE COST OF ANY EXAMINATION FOR LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE TUITION COST OF THE PROGRAM AND IS ONLY INCLUDED IN THE TOTAL PROGRAM COST IF IT IS SPECIFICALLY ITEMIZED ON YOUR ENROLLMENT AGREEMENT.