Personal Survival Techniques provides the necessary knowledge and training of personal survival so that a student will be able to react in a correct manner during emergency situations, take measures appropriate to his own survival and to the survival of others, and use survival equipment correctly. He will also acquire knowledge which in some instances will enable him to identify and correct defects and thereby prevent emergencies.
• Emergency Procedures Aboard Ship
• Abandoning Ship
• Use of Survival Suits
• Other Survival Gear and Exercises
• Physical Fitness for Pool Exercises
• Ability to Swim
• Basic Safety Training
***Students are asked to bring a bathing suit and towel. ***
Click HERE for directions to the Gleason Family YMCA for the practical portion of the training.
Any applicant who has successfully completed your Personal Survival Techniques (NOREMI-363) course will satisfy the Personal Survival Techniques competencies of Section A-VI/1 and Table VI/1-1 of the STCW Code, as amended and 46 CFR 11.202(b)(1).
***NMI does not provide formal advice regarding USCG license eligibility and cannot guarantee an individual’s eligibility for any specific license or credential. NMI accepts no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or validity of general information provided. Information is provided purely as a courtesy, convenience and without cost. Individuals seeking confirmation of eligibility for any specific USCG license or credential must contact the USCG directly for an evaluation.
32 Washington Street | Fairhaven, Massachusetts 02719 USA | (508) 992-4025
MASSACHUSETTS DISCLOSURE INFORMATION
1. NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE HAS NO EXISTING AGREEMENT WITH EMPLOYERS TO PROVIDE JOBS TO STUDENTS AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE EMPLOYMENT.
2. MANY OF THE JOB LISTINGS PROVIDED BY NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE ARE COMPILED FROM PUBLIC SOURCES. THE SCHOOL MAY ALSO RECEIVE DIRECT REQUESTS FROM EMPLOYERS OR REFERRALS FOR JOB LISTINGS FROM GRADUATES WORKING IN THE FIELD, INSTRUCTORS, STAFF MEMBERS, EXTERN PROVIDERS, ETC.
3.NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE IS AN OPEN ADMISSIONS SCHOOL AND ADMITS ALL STUDENTS WHO MEET THE ADMISSION CRITERIA AS SET FORTH IN THE CATALOG.
4. THE CERTIFICATE OR DEGREE YOU OBTAIN FROM NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE UPON GRADUATION IS NOT THE SAME AS LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT, WHICH MAY BE REQUIRED FOR SOME
OCCUPATIONS, EMPLOYERS, OR STATES. THE COST OF ANY LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION OR THE COST OF ANY EXAMINATION FOR LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE TUITION COST OF THE PROGRAM AND IS ONLY INCLUDED IN THE TOTAL PROGRAM COST IF IT IS SPECIFICALLY ITEMIZED ON YOUR ENROLLMENT AGREEMENT.