Meteorology (Operational) Online Course
U.S COAST GUARD APPROVED
This course is delivered on Northeast Maritime Online or NEMO°, our learning management system, with follow-up on-site examination/assessments scheduled at Northeast Maritime Institute, as required by the U.S. Coast Guard.
This online course provides students with knowledge, proficiency and understanding of the characteristics of various weather systems, reporting procedures and recording systems. This course will satisfy the Basic Meteorology Training of STCW A-II/1 for raise in grade from the support to the operational level licenses as per USCG Policy Letter 01/02.
SCHEDULED EXAM/ASSESSMENT DATES:
If you do not see a desired class or date listed on our schedule, please contact Registration by emailing us here or call +1 508 992-4025 Mon-Fri 8am-5pm to discuss other options.
AFTER COMPLETING THE ONLINE PORTION OF THIS COURSE, CALL OUR ADMISSIONS OFFICE FIRST TO SCHEDULE YOUR ASSESSMENT APPOINTMENT AT (508) 992-4025. IF NO CURRENT SCHEDULED EXAM AND ASSESSMENT DATE IS LISTED, OR YOU DO NOT SEE A DESIRED DATE, WE’LL SCHEDULE AN ASSESSMENT ACCORDINGLY.
Any applicant who successfully completes the Meteorology (Operational) Course will satisfy the following:
- The Meteorology training requirements of 46 CFR 11 .309(a)(4)(xiii) for an STCW endorsement as Officer in Charge of a Navigational Watch on vessels of 500 or more gross tonnage (ITC); AND,
- The following practical assessments performed during this course have been determined to be equivalent of National Assessment Guidelines Tasks, as documented in:
– NVIC 12-14 (CH-2) Assessment tasks 1.9, 1.10 and 1.11; AND
– NVIC 13-14(Ch-1) Assessment tasks 1.11 .A; 1.12.A and 1.13; AND
– The specific assessments tasks from the National Assessment Guidelines found in NVIC 02-18: Tasks 1.9.A,
1.9.B, 1.10.A, 1.10.B, 1.10.C, 1.10.D, 1.10.E, 1.10.F and 1.10.G
For technical support, please email email@example.com and someone will respond to your request, normally within 24 hours.
PRICE: $725.00 USD
Hey there! Are you looking to purchase multiple USCG Approved online courses at once? View our complete course catalog here to add multiple courses to your cart and proceed with check-out.
Have any questions regarding maritime training? Email us here or call +1 508-992-4025 between the hours of 8am-5pm EST!