The Maritime Security Awareness course is intended to provide the knowledge required to enable personnel without designated security duties in connection with a Ship Security Plan (SSP) to enhance ship security in accordance with the requirements of Chapter XI-2 of SOLAS 74 as amended, the ISPS Code and section A-VI/6-1 of the STCW Code, as amended.
Those who successfully complete this course should achieve the required standard of competence enabling them to contribute to the enhancement of maritime security, through heightened awareness and the ability to recognize security threats and respond appropriately. This knowledge shall include, but is not limited to:
• The meaning and the consequential requirements of the different security levels;
• Knowledge of emergency procedures and contingency plans;
• Recognition and detection of weapons, dangerous substances and devices;
• Recognition, on a non-discriminatory basis, of characteristics and behavioral patterns of person who are likely to threaten security; and
• Techniques used to circumvent security measures.
Any applicant who has successfully completed your Maritime Security Awareness (On-Line) (NOREMI-815) course will satisfy the security awareness requirements 46 CFR 12.627(a)(1) and paragraphs 1-4 of Section A-VI/6 and Table A-VI/6-1 of the STCW Code, as amended 2010, for an STCW endorsement for Security Awareness.
***NMI does not provide formal advice regarding USCG license eligibility and cannot guarantee an individual’s eligibility for any specific license or credential. NMI accepts no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or validity of general information provided. Information is provided purely as a courtesy, convenience and without cost. Individuals seeking confirmation of eligibility for any specific USCG license or credential must contact the USCG directly for an evaluation.
32 Washington Street | Fairhaven, Massachusetts 02719 USA | (508) 992-4025
MASSACHUSETTS DISCLOSURE INFORMATION
1. NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE HAS NO EXISTING AGREEMENT WITH EMPLOYERS TO PROVIDE JOBS TO STUDENTS AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE EMPLOYMENT.
2. MANY OF THE JOB LISTINGS PROVIDED BY NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE ARE COMPILED FROM PUBLIC SOURCES. THE SCHOOL MAY ALSO RECEIVE DIRECT REQUESTS FROM EMPLOYERS OR REFERRALS FOR JOB LISTINGS FROM GRADUATES WORKING IN THE FIELD, INSTRUCTORS, STAFF MEMBERS, EXTERN PROVIDERS, ETC.
3.NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE IS AN OPEN ADMISSIONS SCHOOL AND ADMITS ALL STUDENTS WHO MEET THE ADMISSION CRITERIA AS SET FORTH IN THE CATALOG.
4. THE CERTIFICATE OR DEGREE YOU OBTAIN FROM NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE UPON GRADUATION IS NOT THE SAME AS LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT, WHICH MAY BE REQUIRED FOR SOME
OCCUPATIONS, EMPLOYERS, OR STATES. THE COST OF ANY LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION OR THE COST OF ANY EXAMINATION FOR LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE TUITION COST OF THE PROGRAM AND IS ONLY INCLUDED IN THE TOTAL PROGRAM COST IF IT IS SPECIFICALLY ITEMIZED ON YOUR ENROLLMENT AGREEMENT.