U.S COAST GUARD APPROVED
Complete your Launch Operator training Online now!! Marinas and yacht clubs required licensed Launch Operators to take members to their moorings. Get ahead of the pack by completing your training online now in order to get your USCG license application submitted as soon as possible.
Our new USCG Approved Online Launch Operator course is approved for online examination as well, so you will save time and money by not traveling to an exam center.
Our course is approved for licensing for both inspected and uninspected launches.
The Limited Master license may be issued to applicants to be employed by a marina, yacht club, formal camp or educational institution allowing the licensed person to operate an inspected launch in a limited area. Inspected launches will have a Certificate of Inspection (COI) stating number of passengers (usually more than 6) and area of operation. Uninspected launches carry 6 or less passengers and only require the OUPV Limited License.
USCG Eligibility Requirements for Limited Master (Launch Tender):
- Minimum Age: 18 years old
- Sea Time: 120 days* experience in the operation of vessels (90 days of the 120 must be within the last 3 years)
USCG Eligibility Requirements for Limited OUPV (Launch Tender):
- Minimum Age: 17 years old
- Sea Time: 90 days* experience in the operation of vessels (90 days of the 90 must be within the last 3 years)
Our Admissions Office can assist you with your USCG Application Package. For a list of what you will need for your Application, click the link below:
The course meets the requirements of:
(1) the safe boating course requirements of 46 CFR 11.465(a)(2) if completed within 5 years of application; OR the examination requirements of 11.467(f)(2) if completed within 1 year of application; AND
(2) The examination requirements of 46 CFR11.456(a)(3) for original issuance, renewal, or reissuance of a license as Limited Master of self-propelled vessels of less than 100 GRT upon Inland Waters based on the routes approved by the local Officer in Charge Marine Inspection (OCMI) for a specific activity and locality, if completed within 1 year of application; OR The examination requirements of 46 CFR 11.467(f)(3) for original issuance, renewal, or reissuance of an endorsement as Limited Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels Upon Inland Waters based on the routes approved by the local Officer in Charge Marine Inspection (OCMI) for a specific activity and locality, if completed within 1 year of application.
PRICE: $99.00 USD