- This course has passed.
Able Seafarer Deck Blended Online Course
January 16 - January 17
This course is delivered on NEMO°, our learning management system, with follow-up on-site examination/assessments scheduled at Northeast Maritime Institute, as required by the U.S. Coast Guard.
This course covers all of the required theoretical and practical requirements for an endorsement as Able Seafarer-Deck (STCW Table A-II/5) and the U.S domestic Able Seaman endorsement. The course also meets the requirements for a Rating Forming Part of a Navigational Watch (STCW Table A-II/4). Topics include: Seamanship, Cargo Handling, Marlinspike Seamanship, Watchkeeping, Safety, Pollution and Ship Construction. The on-site examination and assessments are scheduled over a two day period at Northeast Maritime Institute.
- Proficiency in Survival Craft Blended
- Basic Safety Training Blended
Scheduled Exam/Assessment Dates***:
- December 2 – 3, 2019
- January 16 -17, 2020
- March 5 – 6, 2020
- April 23 – 24, 2020
- June 18 – 19, 2020
- August 6 – 7, 2020
- October 1 – 2, 2020
- December 10 – 11, 2020
AFTER COMPLETING THE ONLINE PORTION OF THIS COURSE, CALL OUR ADMISSIONS OFFICE FIRST TO SCHEDULE YOUR ASSESSMENT APPOINTMENT AT (508) 992-4025. IF NO CURRENT SCHEDULED EXAM AND ASSESSMENT DATE IS LISTED, OR YOU DO NOT SEE A DESIRED DATE, WE’LL SCHEDULE AN ASSESSMENT ACCORDINGLY.
Any applicant who has successfully completed your Able Seafarer-Deck (Blended) (NOREMI-1001) course and presents your Certificate of Training within one year of the completion of training, will satisfy:
- the written examination requirements of 46 CFR 12.405(a) for the Deck General and Navigation General, Deck Safety and Rules of the Road; AND,
- the Practical Marlinspike Seamanship Demonstration requirement of 46 CFR 12.405(c); AND,
- the following assessments from NVIC 14-14 (Ch-1) for an endorsement as Able Seafarer-Deck: Tasks 2.1.A, 2.1.B, 2.2.A, 2.5.A, 3.1.A, 3.2.A, 4.1.A, 4.2.A, 4.3.A,4.4.A, 4.4.B, 4.4.C, 4.4.D, 4.5.A, 4.6.B, 4.6.C, 4.7.A, 4.8.A, 4.8.B, 4.9.A, 4.13.A,5.1.A, 5.2.A, 5.3.A, 5.3.B, 5.3.C, 5.4.A, 5.5.A, 5.5.B, 5.5.C, 5.5.E, 5.6.A, 5.6.B, 5.6.C,5.7.A, 5.8.A, 5.9.A, 5.10.A, 5.10.B, 6.1.A, 6.1.B, 6.2.A, 6.3.A, 8.1.A, 8.2.A, 8.3.A,8.3.B, 8.4.A, 8.4.B, 8.5.A, and 8.6.A; AND,
- the training and all assessment requirements of 46 CFR 12.605(a)(3) and NVIC 06-14 for an endorsement as Rating Forming Part of a Navigational Watch (RFPNW).
Applicants are not required to submit completed Task Assessment sheets when applying for these endorsements.
PRICE: $975.00 USD