Basic Safety Training Online Course
U.S COAST GUARD APPROVED
The theory portion of this course is delivered on Northeast Maritime Online or NEMO°, our learning management system, with follow-up on-site examination/assessments scheduled at Northeast Maritime Institute, as required by the U.S. Coast Guard.
Three days of assessments and exams will be required at Northeast Maritime Institute and its partner fire training academy, including First Aid/CPR training, water survival training and practical firefighting exercises.
- September 16 – 18, 2020
- October 21 – 23, 2020
- November 18 – 20, 2020
- December 16 – 18, 2020
Any applicant who has successfully completed your Basic Training (Blended) (NOREMI-874) course will satisfy:
- The Basic Training per STCW Code, as amended 2010 Section A-VI/1; AND,
- The Personal Survival Techniques per 46 CFR 302(a)(1) and 46 CFR 12.602(a) (1); AND,
- The Basic Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 201(h)(2) [BASIC Only] and 46 CFR 11.201(h)(3); AND,
- The Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 302(a)(2) and 46 CFR 12.602(a)(2); AND,
- The Fire Fighting requirements per 46 CFR 201(c)(3), 13.301(c)(3), 13.401(d) and 13.501(c)(3) for any tankerman endorsement; AND,
- The First Aid & CPR requirements per 46 CFR 201(i)(1) when applied for within one year of the date of training; AND,
- The Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities per 46 CFR 302(a)(4) and 46 CFR 12.602(a)(4); AND,
- The practical assessments performed during this course have been determined to be equivalent of ALL of National Assessment Guidelines Tasks, as documented in NVIC 08-14 Guidelines on Qualifications for STCW Endorsements In Basic Training (Formerly Basic Safety Training).
Hey there! Are you looking to purchase multiple USCG Approved online courses at once? View our complete course catalog here to add multiple courses to your cart and proceed with check-out.
Have any questions regarding maritime training? Email us here or call +1 508-992-4025 between the hours of 8am-5pm EST!