Automatic Radar Plotting Aids (ARPA) is a four day course which provides training in the basic theory and use of automatic radar plotting aids for those who will be in charge of a navigational watch in vessels equipped with ARPA, and it covers the minimum training requirements recommended in Annex 2 of IMO Assembly resolution A.482 (XII), 46 CFR Part 10. The course combines lecture with extensive hands-on practice using a TRANSAS Navi-Sailor 4000 Shiphandling/Radar/ARPA/ECDIS simulator.
***STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO BRING PLOTTING TOOLS***
• APRA Theory
• Radar and ARPA Integration
• Vessel Tracking Techniques
• ARPA Limitations and Errors
Practical Training Includes:
• Simulation Exercises
• Radar Observer Unlimited
Any applicant who has successfully completed your Automatic Radar Plotting Aids (ARPA) (NOREMI-37) course will satisfy the ARPA training requirements of the following: 46 CFR 11.305(a)(3)(vi); 46 CFR 11.307(a)(3)(vi); 46 CFR 11.309(a)(4)(xiv); 46 CFR 11.311(a)(3)(viii); 46 CFR 11.313(a)(3)(viii); 46 CFR 11.315(a)(3)(v); 46 CFR 11.317(a)(3)(vii); 46 CFR 11.319(a)(4)(viii); and 46 CFR 11.321(a)(3)(vii). AND has met the desired standard of competence for tasks 3.6 of NVIC 12-14 (Ch-2). Applicants are not required to present completed record of assessment sheets when applying for the STCW endorsement.
***NMI does not provide formal advice regarding USCG license eligibility and cannot guarantee an individual’s eligibility for any specific license or credential. NMI accepts no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or validity of general information provided. Information is provided purely as a courtesy, convenience and without cost. Individuals seeking confirmation of eligibility for any specific USCG license or credential must contact the USCG directly for an evaluation.
32 Washington Street | Fairhaven, Massachusetts 02719 USA | (508) 992-4025
MASSACHUSETTS DISCLOSURE INFORMATION
1. NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE HAS NO EXISTING AGREEMENT WITH EMPLOYERS TO PROVIDE JOBS TO STUDENTS AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE EMPLOYMENT.
2. MANY OF THE JOB LISTINGS PROVIDED BY NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE ARE COMPILED FROM PUBLIC SOURCES. THE SCHOOL MAY ALSO RECEIVE DIRECT REQUESTS FROM EMPLOYERS OR REFERRALS FOR JOB LISTINGS FROM GRADUATES WORKING IN THE FIELD, INSTRUCTORS, STAFF MEMBERS, EXTERN PROVIDERS, ETC.
3.NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE IS AN OPEN ADMISSIONS SCHOOL AND ADMITS ALL STUDENTS WHO MEET THE ADMISSION CRITERIA AS SET FORTH IN THE CATALOG.
4. THE CERTIFICATE OR DEGREE YOU OBTAIN FROM NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE UPON GRADUATION IS NOT THE SAME AS LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT, WHICH MAY BE REQUIRED FOR SOME
OCCUPATIONS, EMPLOYERS, OR STATES. THE COST OF ANY LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION OR THE COST OF ANY EXAMINATION FOR LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE TUITION COST OF THE PROGRAM AND IS ONLY INCLUDED IN THE TOTAL PROGRAM COST IF IT IS SPECIFICALLY ITEMIZED ON YOUR ENROLLMENT AGREEMENT.