This Course is needed for currently licensed officers who have worked 1 year in the last 5 years who need to renew their Advanced Firefighting Training. Students will take most of the course online and then come in to Northeast Maritime Institute for 1 day to take an exam and complete some case study work and table top exercises.
• Control firefighting operations aboard ships
• Organize and train fire parties
• Inspect and service fire detection and extinguishing systems and equipment
• Investigate and compile reports on incidents involving fire
• Per USCG requirements, upon completion of the online portion of this course, the user will be required to complete a final examination and complete assessment requirements at Northeast Maritime Institute. The online completion receipt will provide further details.
This course covers training to fulfill the revalidation requirements set by 46 CFR 11.201(h)(1) and 11.303 (d) and the standards of competence set forth in Table A-VI/3 of the STCW Code. Applicants for renewal of their STCW officer endorsement who have evidence of 1 year (360 days) of sea service within the previous 5 years in combination with completion of this Advanced Firefighting Revalidation course will meet the requirements above and the following tasks from USCG NVIC 09-14: 1.3A, 1.5A, 2.1A, 2.1B, 3.1A, 3.1B, 4.1A, 4.1B and 4.1C.”
***NMI does not provide formal advice regarding USCG license eligibility and cannot guarantee an individual’s eligibility for any specific license or credential. NMI accepts no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or validity of general information provided. Information is provided purely as a courtesy, convenience and without cost. Individuals seeking confirmation of eligibility for any specific USCG license or credential must contact the USCG directly for an evaluation.
32 Washington Street | Fairhaven, Massachusetts 02719 USA | (508) 992-4025
MASSACHUSETTS DISCLOSURE INFORMATION
1. NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE HAS NO EXISTING AGREEMENT WITH EMPLOYERS TO PROVIDE JOBS TO STUDENTS AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE EMPLOYMENT.
2. MANY OF THE JOB LISTINGS PROVIDED BY NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE ARE COMPILED FROM PUBLIC SOURCES. THE SCHOOL MAY ALSO RECEIVE DIRECT REQUESTS FROM EMPLOYERS OR REFERRALS FOR JOB LISTINGS FROM GRADUATES WORKING IN THE FIELD, INSTRUCTORS, STAFF MEMBERS, EXTERN PROVIDERS, ETC.
3.NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE IS AN OPEN ADMISSIONS SCHOOL AND ADMITS ALL STUDENTS WHO MEET THE ADMISSION CRITERIA AS SET FORTH IN THE CATALOG.
4. THE CERTIFICATE OR DEGREE YOU OBTAIN FROM NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE UPON GRADUATION IS NOT THE SAME AS LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT, WHICH MAY BE REQUIRED FOR SOME
OCCUPATIONS, EMPLOYERS, OR STATES. THE COST OF ANY LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION OR THE COST OF ANY EXAMINATION FOR LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE TUITION COST OF THE PROGRAM AND IS ONLY INCLUDED IN THE TOTAL PROGRAM COST IF IT IS SPECIFICALLY ITEMIZED ON YOUR ENROLLMENT AGREEMENT.