Able Seafarer Deck Online Course
U.S COAST GUARD APPROVED
This course is delivered on Northeast Maritime Online or NEMO°, our learning management system, with follow-up on-site examination/assessments scheduled at Northeast Maritime Institute, as required by the U.S. Coast Guard.
This course covers all of the required theoretical and practical requirements for an endorsement as Able Seafarer Deck (STCW Table A-II/5) and the U.S domestic Able Seaman endorsement. The course also meets the requirements for a Rating Forming Part of a Navigational Watch (STCW Table A-II/4).
Topics include: Seamanship, Cargo Handling, Marlinspike Seamanship, Watchkeeping, Safety, Pollution and Ship Construction. The on-site examination and assessments are scheduled over a two day period at Northeast Maritime Institute.
AFTER COMPLETING THE ONLINE PORTION OF THIS COURSE, CALL OUR ADMISSIONS OFFICE FIRST TO SCHEDULE YOUR ASSESSMENT APPOINTMENT AT (508) 992-4025.
SCHEDULED EXAM/ASSESSMENT DATES:
- For information regarding practical assessment scheduling, please call the registration office by clicking HERE, or email the registration office by clicking HERE.
Any applicant who has successfully completed your Able Seafarer-Deck (Blended)(NOREMI-1001) course and presents your Certificate of Training within one yearof the completion of training, will satisfy:
- The written examination requirements of 46 CFR 12.405(a) for the Deck General and Navigation General, Deck Safety and Rules of the Road; AND,
- The Practical Marlinspike Seamanship Demonstration requirement of 46 CFR 12.405(c); AND,
- The following assessments from NVIC 14-14 (Ch-1) for an endorsement as Able Seafarer-Deck: Tasks 2.1.A, 2.1.B, 2.2.A, 2.5.A, 3.1.A, 3.2.A, 4.1.A, 4.2.A, 4.3.A,4.4.A, 4.4.B, 4.4.C, 4.4.D, 4.5.A, 4.6.B, 4.6.C, 4.7.A, 4.8.A, 4.8.B, 4.9.A, 4.13.A,5.1.A, 5.2.A, 5.3.A, 5.3.B, 5.3.C, 5.4.A, 5.5.A, 5.5.B, 5.5.C, 5.5.E, 5.6.A, 5.6.B, 5.6.C,5.7.A, 5.8.A, 5.9.A, 5.10.A, 5.10.B, 6.1.A, 6.1.B, 6.2.A, 6.3.A, 8.1.A, 8.2.A, 8.3.A,8.3.B, 8.4.A, 8.4.B, 8.5.A, and 8.6.A; AND,
- The training and all assessment requirements of 46 CFR 12.605(a)(3) and NVIC 06-14 for an endorsement as Rating Forming Part of a Navigational Watch (RFPNW).
Applicants are not required to submit completed Task Assessment sheets when applying for these endorsements.
Hey there! Are you looking to purchase multiple USCG Approved online courses at once? View our complete course catalog here to add multiple courses to your cart and proceed with check-out.
Have any questions regarding maritime training? Email us here or call +1 508-992-4025 between the hours of 8am-5pm EST!