- Able Seafarer Deck Online Course
- Advanced Firefighting Online Course
- Advanced Firefighting Revalidation Online Course
- Auxiliary Sail Online Course
- Basic Training Online Course
- Basic Training Refresher Online Course
- Cargo Handling and Stowage (Operational) Online Course
- Engine Room Resource Management Online Course
- GMDSS – Global Maritime Distress and Safety System Online Course
- Leadership & Managerial Skills Online Course
- Leadership & Teamworking Skills Online Course
- Magnetic & Gyrocompass Online Course
- Maritime Security Awareness Online Course
- Medical Care Person In Charge Online Course
- Medical Care Provider Online Course
- Meteorology (Operational) Online Course
- Oceans/Celestial Navigation (500/1600 GRT) Online Course
- OUPV Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels Online Course
- Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities Online Course
- Personal Survival Techniques Online Course
- Proficiency in Survival Craft (Lifeboatman) Online Course
- Radar Observer (Unlimited) Online Course
- Rating Forming Part of a Navigational Watch Online Course
- Search and Rescue Online Course
- Ship Construction & Basic Ship Stability (Operational) Online Course
- Terrestrial and Coastal Navigation Online Course
- Upgrade OUPV to Master 100 Gross Tons
- Vessel Personnel With Designated Security Duties Online Course
- Visual Communications: Flashing Lights
Northeast Maritime Online or “NEMO°,” is an online maritime e-Learning platform specifically designed to deliver electronic maritime education and training technology on board vessels, at home or any place where a mariner can log onto the internet. We believe strongly that it is time to facilitate an educational system that meets all of the objectives of the Standards of Training and Certification for Watchkeeping and Seafarers, 1978, as amended (STCW), but pushes learning outcomes further than ever.
NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE ON-SITE COURSES
- Able Seaman
- Apprentice Mate (Steersman) Upgrade
- Apprentice Mate Western Rivers
- Assistance Towing
- Automatic Radar Plotting Aids (ARPA)
- Auxiliary Sail
- Basic and Advanced Fire Fighting
- Basic Firefighting
- Basic Training
- Basic Training Refresher
- Benzene Training Program
- Bridge Resource Management
- Celestial Navigation
- Crisis Management and Human Behavior
- Crowd Management
- Electronic Chart Display and Information System (ECDIS)
- FCC Operators Permit Examination
- First Aid and CPR
- Launch Operator
- Leadership and Managerial Skills
- Leadership and Teamworking Skills
- Master 100 Tons
- Master 200 Tons
- Medical Care Provider
- Medical Care PIC
- Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels (OUPV)
- OUPV (Nights)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (PSSR)
- Personal Survival Techniques (PST)
- Proficiency in Survival Craft (Lifeboatman)
- QMED – Oiler
- Radar Observer (Unlimited)
- Radar Observer Recertification (Radar Renewal)
- Tank Barge Dangerous Liquids PIC
- Tank Barge Dangerous Liquids Simulation
- Tank Ship Dangerous Liquids
- TOAR – Towing Officers Assessment Records
- Upgrade Master 100 Tons to 200 Tons
- Upgrade OUPV to Master 100 Tons
- Visual Communications: Flashing Lights
- Z Drive Basic
- Z Drive Advanced
Northeast Maritime Institute shall and always will continue to deliver traditional classroom instruction and training as we have since 1995 when we transitioned to a training school. Some learners require traditional learning and in keeping with our promise to “Honor the Mariner”, we will honor all mariners with all learning styles and ensure that we deliver the best possible maritime education and training services in the United States.
We have trained over 65,000 mariners since 1981 and we are proud knowing the vessels around the entire span of the globe have NMI students operating them safely, efficiently and cost-effectively! We will always go above and beyond for our maritime students. If you have been an NMI student, you know this – if you haven’t attended a course here, you’ll know it immediately!
Call (508) 992-4025 or email email@example.com to inquire about onsite class offerings.
ABOUT NMI - PROFESSIONAL MARITIME EDUCATION & TRAINING
Northeast Maritime Institute has been the maritime training institution of choice for professional mariners since 1981. Northeast Maritime Institute is a school that has lives by its creed – “Honor the Mariner!” NMI was the pioneer in creating courses “in lieu of examination” since 1995 in the United States, provided the first STCW related course in the United States and continues to develop courses to meet mariners needs based upon schedule and convenience. We don’t cancel courses even if there is only one student enrolled – the mariners schedule is more important than our own. We even process license applications for free and provide consultation services for free to ensure that mariners get their licenses in a timely and efficient manner with both the United States Coast Guards’ National Maritime Center and other Flag Administrations.
Our Continuing Education Program for Professional and STCW Training has delivered over 65,000 training programs and continues to develop cutting edge strategies for cost effective, efficient and compliant training strategies. Our new and comprehensive online maritime learning management system, NEMO, combined with our online HALO simulators, have been developed to deliver mariner training needs at a fraction of the cost while ensuring that they can take courses in the comfort of home, at work or anywhere with there is Wi-Fi.
Northeast Maritime Institute is a private, co-educational maritime college that offers its students an opportunity to pursue maritime education and career-oriented maritime training through our degree program as well as through our professional maritime training and STCW training courses in our division of continuing education.
NMI’s Maritime Education and Training Courses are approved under the International Convention on Standards of Training & Certification of Watchkeepers and Seafarers (STCW) and United States Coast Guard and Commonwealth of Dominica Maritime Administration approved training that provides required marine safety and security education, ship operation courses, US Coast Guard License and Document Courses, as well as programs for International students seeking an STCW Certificate of Competence. Northeast Maritime Institute is a global leader in providing relevant and uncompromising maritime education, maritime training and maritime professional development programs. Professional mariners both domestic and from around the world come to Northeast Maritime Institute as their school of choice to receive the best possible maritime education and training, all while being treated with the dignity and respect that they deserve.
GI BILL® AND VETERANS BENEFITS
Students eligible for VA benefits should apply through the United States Department of Veterans Affairs in order to obtain a Certificate of Eligibility. Veterans may use their GI Bill® benefits for approved training programs and courses at Northeast Maritime Institute.*
Applications can be completed online. A copy of the Certificate of Eligibility must be provided to Student Financial Services by mail, fax or emailed.
Information about educational benefits is provided through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. There are several different education programs available, each with a unique set of criteria that must be met.
Northeast Maritime Institute will not impose any penalty including late fees, denial of access to classes, libraries or other institutional facilities, or require that any covered individual borrow additional funds because of the individual’s inability to meet his or her financial obligations due to the delayed disbursement of funding from the VA under Chapter 31 or Chapter 33. If your tuition benefit does not fully cover your bill for the term, the difference must be paid prior to registration in subsequent semesters, but any amount due from the VA will not prevent registration.
Post-9/11 G.I. Bill® - Chapter 33
The Post-9/11 GI Bill® provides financial support for education and housing to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service after September 10, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill®. This benefit provides up to 36 months of education benefits, generally payable within the 15 years following release from active duty.
Tuition and related fees are paid directly to Northeast Maritime Institute and credited to a student’s account. This year, students can receive up to $24,476.79 for these costs (depending on their eligibility percentage and Northeast Maritime Institute scholarship/grant aid). A monthly housing stipend is paid directly to a student, arriving at the end of each month the student is enrolled in any given semester. Students may view the Basic Allowance for Housing rates online, which are based on those classified as E-5 with dependents for the ZIP code of the school (02719) for those attending the main campus.
Contact Valerie Stewart, our VA Certifying Officer today for more information: (508) 992-4025 or at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enroll today and get ready for an exciting new career in the maritime industry!
“GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.”
*GI Bill® Cannot be used for online courses at Northeast Maritime Institute
DELAYED VA PAYMENTS
Under S2248 PL 115-407 Section 103, Northeast Maritime Institute will not impose a late fee, denial of access to facilities, or other penalty against a veteran or eligible dependent due to a late payment of tuition and/or fees from the VA up to the certified benefits amount. Any portion of the student bill not covered by VA benefits is still expected to be settled by the due date.